Sunday 4 May 2014

Lunch: Hummus, Cucumber and Falafel Filled Pitta







I love filled pittas and I have them often for lunch if I'm after something both tasty and healthy.  I've recently made the switch to wholemeal pittas just to be a bit healhier, but it doesn't really matter either way.  This lunch time filler is quick, easy and nutritious.

Granted, it isn't the most attractive looking dish, but it is tasty and filling.  Ironically as my first food post for my Single Eater blog, the quantities pictured are actually for two as I was making this for my mother and I.  However, to keep true to form, the quantities in the instructions are for a single portion:

1 x Pitta pockets - either white or wholemeal
3 x Falafel balls - chopped into quarters 
1/4 x Cucumber 
2 x Teaspoons of Hummus 
2 x Teaspoons of Tzatziki 
1 x Teaspoon of Olive Oil (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste


Toast the pitta bread, cut the cucumber and Falafel into chunks and combine all ingredients.  Then fill the toasted pockets with the mix before serving with an extra helping of Tzatziki for dipping.  This is extremely filling so great for lunch, although it's rather savoury so if you're like me, you're likely to crave something sweet afterwards...try to fight it!

No comments:

Post a Comment